Counting House Crème Brûlée Recipe
Enjoy this Counting House sweet treat at home with a recipe perfected by Pastry Chef Jordan and Sous Chef Roxy.
> Get printable recipe for your cookbook
- 6 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup + 1 tbsp sugar (126 grams)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract or 1/2 vanilla bean pod
- 2 1/2 cups heavy cream (600 grams)
For different flavors (add in cream to change the flavor):
1/3 cup orange juice (freshly squeezed)
1 tsp ground cardamom
1/2 tsp all spice
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1/3 cup blended blueberries
- In a pot heat cream and vanilla extract together.
- In a bowl mix egg yolks with sugar until combined.
- Once cream is simmering (lazy bubbles) take it off the heat.
- Pour hot cream over egg and sugar mixture slowly, while constantly whisking until it comes together.
- Strain and remove vanilla bean (if using bean pod vs extract).
- Pour into oven safe ramekins.
- Place ramekins into a water bath and bake at 325 degrees for 25-30 mins or until custard is set.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Once chilled add sugar to the top of custard about 1 tsp and caramelize sugar with a blowtorch or put under the broiler in oven until desired caramelization.
- Let set for about 3 minutes and enjoy!